DKR Dodds Kidd & Ryan Attorneys At Law
Toll Free 877-885-8839
Little Rock 501-386-9508
Available 24 Hours | Free Consultation

Understanding Arkansas law is important after an accident

If you have been involved in an accident in the state of Arkansas, it is likely that you will have some questions about gaining compensation for the damages that were caused. The aftermath of a car accident can be stressful, not least because of the experience that you went through. You may have bodily injuries and physical pain that may take some time to subside. In addition, damages to your vehicle might make you worry about your financial future.

It is important that you understand the state-specific laws that relate to car accidents. These laws will have a big impact on the way that you will be able to gain compensation.

The statute of limitations in Arkansas

Timing is everything when it comes to making a car accident claim. If you had an accident a significant amount of time ago and you have not yet made a claim, it is important that you make sure that you are still within the statute of limitations. In Arkansas, the statute of limitations for car accidents stands at three years.

Establishing fault in Arkansas

Many drivers are concerned about their ability to make a liability claim if they know that their actions were not perfect in the situation. While some car accidents are clearly the fault of one party or another, this is not always the case. Arkansas law recognizes this through the theory of comparative fault.

Comparative fault is used when it has been established that multiple parties were at fault in the car accident. For example, the courts may find that you were 20 percent at fault for the accident whereas the other party was 80 percent at fault. This would mean that you would be responsible for 20 percent of the damages caused, and the other party would be responsible for 80 percent of damages.

If you are feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of making a liability claim after a car accident, it is important that you conduct thorough research. Being equipped with knowledge of how the process works will help you to feel empowered and confident.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Meet our legal team

Submit Email Now

How Can We Help? Email Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information
disclaimer.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

close

Privacy Policy